The adage “Prevention is better than cure” also holds true for your oral health. Our team of dentists and hygienists will teach you how to prevent the most common dental problems. Should any early signs of developing problems be noticed, minimally invasive interceptive therapy can be initiated to halt progression of the problem.
• Oral hygiene education and instructions (Brushing, flossing, use of mouthwash, etc.)
We suggest that you have your teeth and gums professionally cleaned at least once a year.
• Fissure sealants are placed by both oral hygienists and dentists and should be done
on cavity-free 6-year and 12-year molars
• Early detection of cavities and regular x-rays
• Periodontal screening for gum disease (Gingivitis), bone loss (Periodontitis) and bad breath (Halitosis)
• Oral cancer screening (Tongue, cheeks and floor of the mouth are common sites)
• Screening of your TMJ or jaw joints which is just in front of your ears. Ensuring proper function of these joints is
very important to your teeth, overall health as well as your spinal vertebrae alignment.